Description: Be part of a growing, successful company in an exciting and challenging field. Border States is 100% employee-owned, which means you’re empowered to make decisions, find solutions and receive rewards for your hard work.
This position will be located in: Fargo , ND ,or Sioux Falls, SD, or Minneapolis, MN, or Bismarck, ND
Performs all credit and collection functions for assigned branches consistent with Border States’ credit policies and procedures. Approves the extension of credit to our customers with the goal of increasing sales, maximizing profits, and minimizing write-offs. Reviews customer’s credit worthiness establishes credit availability and provides information necessary for the completion of the preliminary notices for the specific states. Provides customer credit references and lien waivers.
- Performs all credit and collection functions for assigned branches consistent with Border States’ credit policies and procedures.
- Provides timely communication with customers.
- Approves the extension of credit to our customers with the goal of increasing sales, maximizing profits, and minimizing write-offs.
- Provides customer credit references and lien waivers.
- Reviews customer’s credit worthiness establishes credit availability and provides information necessary for the completion of the preliminary notices for the specific states, as required.
- Follows all federal and state laws as they relate to the credit functions.
- Performs all aspects of the job as accurately and efficiently as possible while providing service excellence.
- Makes sales calls to customers with sales staff, as needed.
- Performs other duties as assigned by supervisor or designate.
- Minimum of a four-year accounting or business degree preferred or the equivalent in work experience.
- Minimum of four years of credit and collection experience preferred.
- Prefer the ability to read, write and speak in English.
- Prefer good working knowledge of PC for Windows, Microsoft Office (Excel and Word), Internet, email and SAP software.
Skills and Abilities
- Excellent interpersonal, written and verbal communication, reading and customer service skills are preferred with the ability to effectively plan and organize.
- Excellent customer service skills include being competent, accurate, responsive and engaged.
This job description is a summary of the job duties and responsibilities and is not intended to cover all possible job duties and is subject to change at the employer’s discretion. Employees must be able to perform the essential job duties and satisfy job requirements either with or without a reasonable accommodation.
Border States is a leader in the electrical supply distribution industry with over 100 locations in 24 states. Our employee-owners are second to none in delivering top-notch customer service and in demonstrating extra-ordinary people skills. We are one of the largest independent electrical distributors in the United States providing products and services to the construction, industrial and utility industries. Border States has a competitive benefit package and is a 100 percent employee-owned company. Employee-ownership is a significant part of our culture and our success stems from the dedication of our employee-owners. We practice open-book management and our employee-owners are empowered with clearly defined levels of authority to be innovative and decisive, allowing us to respond quickly to the needs of customers. Employee-owners understand their roles in the success of the company and care about customers’ needs, which drives our focus on adding value to everything we do. We recognize that not all customers are the same and each has specific requirements. Our employee-owners understand these diverse needs and have the commitment, resourcefulness and flexibility to outperform all others.
As a Border States employee-owner, you’re responsible for living our mission, service philosophy and service standards.
Border States provides value to our customers by delivering innovative product and supply chain solutions.
We earn customer loyalty and confidence by caring about their needs and adding value to everything we do.
Border States employee-owners are competent, accurate, responsive, and engaged .
Join an experienced team at one of the largest electrical distributors in the United States. What are you waiting for?
Border States has a competitive benefits package which includes but is not limited to:
Health, Dental and Vision Benefits
Accident, Critical Illness, Hospital Indemnity
FSA & HSA
Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP)
401(k) Retirement Plan
Employee Assistance Program
Paid Volunteer Time
Personal Leave time and more!
Border States provides bonuses to their employee-owners upon the achievement of branch and company goals.
Equal Opportunity For All
It’s not just the law. It’s something we’ve believed in since our founding. We value the diversity of all of our employee-owners and will always be an equal opportunity employer.
Drug Free/Smoke Free workplace
Interested candidates should apply online Border States