The Vollrath Company LLC
Are you looking for an opportunity to advance your Credit career and to grow with an organization? If so, this is an opportunity to join an industry leader with offices located in Sheboygan, WI.
We are seeking an experienced, enthusiastic, motivated, positive minded individual to join our Credit Team. You will manage a portfolio of accounts to determine credit worthiness of new and existing customers, to maximize cash flow and to mitigate the risk of bad debt.
- Analyze requests for credit on assigned portfolio of domestic customers to minimize bad debt risk and maximize accounts receivable collection. Recommend changes of credit limits to credit management
- Initiate credit investigations using credit reporting agencies, industry reports, and bank and trade references.
- Analyze financial statements. Calculate financial ratios and analyze data. Compile reports regarding finance and credit data.
- Evaluate credit information to determine credit acceptability and recommend credit line to credit management
- Set, review, and revise credit limits. Determine where restrictive selling terms are necessary. Recommend change of terms to credit management.
- Review files and maintain current information on active accounts.
- Responsible for collection activity and follow-up of assigned portfolio of domestic customers.
- Review customer files to identify, prioritize and select delinquent accounts for collection.
- Contact customers for payment of past due accounts and payment irregularities.
- Reconcile accounts and answer customer inquiries regarding balances. This may include short paid invoices, tracking information, POD’s, pricing disputes, shortages and overages to shipments, unearned cash discounts and freight costs.
- Inform sales personnel of collection problems and request their assistance when necessary.
- Secure information for presentation to Company personnel and customers to settle disputed balances.
- Refer unusual or difficult collection problems to Credit Management with recommended courses of action.
- Assist in preparing legal documents required for suit actions and bankruptcy filings. Maintain files and follow-up on bankruptcy claims and accounts placed with collection agencies and attorneys.
- Other Responsibilities – Some travel is involved to visit with customers or to attend credit meetings and credit educational functions. Perform any duties deemed necessary by Credit Management for efficient operation of the department.
- Minimum of 2 years related experience in the credit and collection field.
- PC skills with working knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Strong ten key calculator ability.
- 5 plus years of credit and collection experience preferred
- Degree in business administration preferred with a Finance or an Accounting emphasis
- General knowledge of credit and collection practices.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills with ability to interact successfully with people at all levels.
- Bilingual in Spanish and English is a plus
- Must be able to organize and work independently with minimal supervision.
- Ability to maintain a high degree of accuracy in detailed work.
- Ability to handle exceptions to routine procedure.
- Ability to work under time constraint pressures.
- Ability to work with and interpret various numbers and combinations of numbers in relationship to discount items, pricing etc.
Company Culture Requirements
- Treat all people with Respect – People matter. Understand your audience and your impact. We are better when people are heard and valued for their unique perspective.
- Take Ownership – People are counting on you. Act with integrity and follow through on commitments.
- Empower Action – We succeed when we work together. Our differences make us stronger and create better outcomes. People and teams are empowered to make decisions and take action.
- Commitment to Stakeholders – We are committed to knowing and exceeding the expectations of our customers, employees, ownership and communities.
- Life Beyond Work – People need balance. Embrace opportunities to pursue your passions.
Interested candidates should submit their resumes to Katie Theobald.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)