Western States Envolope
Seeking an experienced and motivated individual with strong communication and organizational skills in both the Credit and Collections field to join our Team. You will be evaluating the credit worthiness of new and existing customers, collecting outstanding balances, and maintaining customer credit files with a customer focused service. You will work both independently as well as alongside both the Credit Team and Credit Manager. Payrate based on experience $20-$22/hr and upwards based on experience. Certified Credit Professional/CCP certification or equivalent experience preferred.
Our office is located at our Manufacturing Facility in Walbridge, OH – just minutes from Toledo/Perrysburg near 795 and Tracy Road.
EMPLOYEES WHO EXCEL IN THIS ROLE HAVE THE FOLLOWING QUALITIES:
- Analyst experience in AP, AR and Credit
- Strong investigation and follow-up skills with high attention to detail and accuracy
- Ability to work through multiple tasks simultaneously (multitask), manage time efficiently, and work with minimal supervision
- Excellent problem-solving and analytical skills, ability to analyze and interpret financial data
- Demonstrates teamwork and both oral and written communication skills
- Ability to prioritize multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment while under pressure
- Capable of sound decision making
- Maintain a professional manner when confronted with difficult situations
- Working knowledge of basic credit extension practices, credit laws, and the Uniform Commercial Code
- Technical skills are strong in all office related software i.e. Microsoft Office Suite, Multi-line phone system, ERP systems, Internet Customer Service Software, Defect Tracking Software, Accounting systems, Banking systems, Customer Portals, Order tracking systems.
WHAT DOES MY DAY LOOK LIKE IN THIS ROLE?
- Ability to review credit applications and complete credit investigations to grant credit and establish credit limits.
- Review records for accuracy and handle disputes to make sure the account information is entered and maintained appropriately. Investigate historical data for each debt or bill.
- Monitor customers’ payment practices and ensures timeliness of receipts
- Discuss and collect outstanding balances from customers in alignment with the Credit Department’s goals of maximizing sales while minimizing credit risk.
- Formulate and implement payment plans, make payment arrangements, prepare past due letters.
- Review, and using discretion, approve or deny all requests for Large Job credit extensions.
- Make appropriate adjustments to credit lines of all existing customers to ensure maximum credit availability consistent with the degree of risk and profit opportunity.
- Work with customer service and sales to resolve credit issues. Investigate and resolve external/internal customer inquiries and research complex issues when necessary.
- Respond to outside requests for credit references and customer inquiries related to accounts receivable.
- Bachelor’s or associates degree in finance, business, accounting, or related field or Certified Credit Professional/CCP certification; we will consider 5+ years of relative work experience in a related field; AP, AR, Credit & Collections or equivalent experience preferred.
- Credit/collection experience in a manufacturing environment
- Knowledge of basic credit extension practices, credit laws, construction liens bonds, secured transactions, and the Uniform Commercial Code.
- Demonstrated abilities in analytical, strategic, tactical, problem solving and creative thinking skills. Attention to detail.
- Experience both supporting and facilitating teamwork and maintaining good public relations with external and internal contacts.
- Excellent communication skills; written, verbal, interpersonal, customer negotiations.
- ERP system software, financial and/or accounting applications.
We are ahead of the curve, trendsetters in our markets and always “pushing the envelope”! We cultivate innovation, creativity and sustainability for future generations. This is an extraordinarily visionary, entrepreneurial and sales driven organization. When we hire externally, we seek individuals that bring high energy, adaptability, dependability, life experiences and a focus on achieving results to add to our high-performance culture. If this describes you, then please continue in our employment process and take the next steps to apply for one or more of our open positions and grow your career with us. We can’t wait to see how you will #PlaceYourStampHere!
For over 110 years our most-valued resource is the team of people who work here. That’s why Western States is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to diversity and promoting individual development.
Interested candidates should apply online WSE