At Auer Steel, our people are truly the company’s biggest asset. As an organization, we strive to live out our original mission statement – “Auer aim is to give you products so good, with service so dependable, at prices so reasonable, with a spirit so friendly, you will desire to have us serve you.”
This is your opportunity to join Auer team! Auer Steel & Heating Supply Co. is a wholesale distributor of HVAC equipment and supplies. Known for our customer service and quality products, Auer Steel has been operating since 1940.
We are currently hiring a Credit Specialist to work in our Milwaukee, WI location. This position is best suited for an organized, responsible, and detail-oriented individual who is looking for a career within a well-established company.
WHAT DOES THIS POSITION DO?
To support the customer financial services goals and objectives within the assigned market.
- Provide a high level of customer service
- Administers company credit application process for assigned area
- Responsible for record retention and managing customer files
- Cover assigned credit queue workload to ensure compliance to credit policy
- Collection activity on assigned segment of the A/R portfolio
- Insure on-site credit functionality is covered pursuant to company credit policy, consulting with or escalating to the Credit Manager when necessary
- Providing customer service within A/R, Credit, and collection area
- Resolve billing discrepancies; review and approve adjustments to accounts
- Perform customer account reconciliations
- Work with customers (phone or in person) to negotiate arrangements on past due accounts
- Respond to credit inquiries
- Place accounts to law firms when warranted and provide related records
- Other related duties as assigned by management
WHAT IS REQUIRED?
- Post-secondary education in business or equivalent work experience in directly related field preferred and high school diploma required
- High degree of professionalism and excellent interpersonal/communication skills required
- Excellent negotiation skills required
- General office skills required
- Experience with Epicor Prophet 21 desirable
- Accounts Receivable experience required
- Previous work experience in a wholesale environment is highly desirable
WHY JOIN AUER STEEL?
- Competitive Pay Based on Experience
- Comprehensive Benefits Package for Full-time Employees
- Flexible Work Schedules – Summer Flex Hours, First Shift, No Weekends
- Paid Time Off – Sick, Vacation, Personal, Jury Duty & Holidays
- Wellness Challenges, Incentives, and Coaching
- Retirement Plan Options w/a Company Match
- AND SO MUCH MORE!
Auer Steel & Heating Supply Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer dedicated to promoting a culturally diverse workforce.