Werner Electric Supply
The Financial Services Analyst role is customer focused both internally and externally, built on strong relationships and trust. This role will provide excellent and effective communication to both our sales team and our customers, ensuring a free and regular exchange of information between sales and the Financial Services team. The Financial Services Analyst will proactively work with sales to ensure growth of our business while minimizing risks. This role will respond timely to both internal and external customers providing a positive customer experience. The Financial Services Analyst’s role will recommend new credit and extensions of credit through research and analysis of credit reports, industry credit group information and credit references. This role will support Werner’s core values and carry out those values in their daily activities.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Manage the overall collection, reconciliation, and credit risk for portfolio of accounts as assigned by Financial Services Supervisor. Servicing the account with required documentation and customer contact to ensure timely payment of A/R balances. This will include resolving deductions and dispute resolution through extensive communication with sales, customer service, and customers.
- Complete annual credit reviews to determine if appropriate credit lines are set and to minimize credit risk to the company. Make recommendations to Supervisor accounts to go into collections or legal action.
- Participate in Industry Credit Group meetings and network with associated companies.
- Able to analyze and interpret credit reports by D&B and Experian for new applications and determine credit worthiness based on Werner’s Commercial Credit Policy.
- Follow and adhere to Werner’s Commercial Credit Policy and Guidelines for Analysts.
- Monitor department general email box and respond to requests or forward as appropriate.
- Prepare standard daily, weekly, or monthly reports as needed.
- Knowledgeable in sales tax regulation.
- Identify opportunities for process improvement and capabilities for automation.
- Other related duties as assigned.
Customer Service Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Build and maintain customer relationships by responding fast, professionally, and with your own personal touch.
- Steadfast focus on growing both sales and margin; while at the same time following Commercial Credit Policy and minimizing risk to Werner Electric Supply.
- Process customer requests via inbound phone calls and/or emails.
- Strong support of various Account Managers to coordinate communication and activity with customers; support and promote business conversion opportunities; network through marketing events and visit directly with customers to build relationships.
- Work with Account Managers and Customer Experience: line of credit matters, invoice discrepancies, credit/rebills, credit card processing, etc.
- Enthusiastic about cross training to support team member vacations and absentee coverage and maintaining excellent customer service.
- Ability to be organized while managing a high volume of information and communication.
- Demonstrates ability to regulate to environment of constant change.
- Embraces technology and workflow enhancements.
- Positively supports corporate initiatives to Grow Sales and Improve Results.
- Works independently while at the same time will reach out to management for guidance when needed.
- Support Quality initiatives and improvements. Assist in maintaining work area tidiness. Continually provide suggestions on how to improve.
- Adhere to Safety practices and procedures.
- Participate in After Hour customer support.
This position has no supervisory responsibility.
- Able to deal with frequent changes, delays, or unexpected events and change approach or method to best fit the situation.
- Displays original and creative thinking through innovative suggestions for improving work and alternative solutions to problems.
- Makes sound, timely judgments and is able to support and explain reasoning behind these decisions.
- Prioritizes work activities to complete work in a timely manner and meet productivity standards.
- Completes work accurately and thoroughly while applying feedback to ensure and improve quality.
- Observes safety and security procedures, uses equipment and materials properly, and reports potentially unsafe situations.
- Contributes to a positive team spirit by supporting everyone’s efforts to succeed.
- Demonstrates initiative by seeking increased responsibilities and development activities and taking calculated risks.
- Able to gather and analyze information skillfully in order to resolve problems in a timely manner.
- Responds promptly to customer requests for service and assistance to provide superior customer service.
- Follows instructions and responds to management direction.
- Exhibits punctuality and good attendance and ensures that work responsibilities are covered when absent.
- Follows through on commitments and completes tasks on time or notifies an appropriate person with an alternative plan.
- Takes responsibility for own actions.
- Promotes a harassment-free environment through respect and sensitivity for cultural differences.
- Works ethically and with integrity while maintaining confidentiality and supporting the organizations goals and values.
- Treats others with respect and consideration, regardless of their status or position.
Interpersonal and Communication Skills:
- Exhibits good oral communication skills by speaking clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations, listening without interrupting, getting clarification, and responding well to questions
- Reacts well under pressure and keeps emotions under control while using reason to manage difficult situations.
- Works well in group problem-solving situations through objectivity and openness to others’ views.
- Exhibits good written communication by writing clearly and informatively, editing work for spelling and grammar, and varying writing style to meet needs.
- Presents numerical data effectively.
- Presents ideas and information in a manner that gets others’ attention.
Strategic Thinking and Actions:
- Aligns work to aid organization in meeting strategic goals through an understanding of organization’s strengths and weaknesses as well as the business implications of decisions.
- Puts success of the team above own interests.
Education and Experience: Associate’s Degree or an equivalent level of related experience required. 6 months to 1 year related experience required.
Language Skills: Must be able to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, memos, safety rules, and procedure manuals. Must be able to write simple correspondence and/or routine reports. Must be able to speak with and effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization.
Mathematical Skills: Must be able to add, subtract, multiply, and divide with ease and efficiency in all units of measure using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Must be able to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
Reasoning Ability: Must be able to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, and diagram form. Must be able to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
Computer Skills: Must be familiar with accounting, database, and word processing software.
Physical Demands: Must be able to frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds, regularly lift and/or move up to 25 pounds, and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Frequently required to sit, use hands, talk, and hear. Regularly required to walk and reach with hands and arms. Occasionally required to stand.
Work Environment: The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet.
For consideration, please send your resume, cover letter and salary expectations to Janet Elliott