- This event has passed.
Webinar: Legal Aspects of Credit and Collections
May 18, 2022 @ 9:00 am - 10:00 am
In this fast-paced hour devoted entirely to the legal aspects that affect the daily operations of the successful credit and collection department, David Balovich discusses the numerous day-to-day legal occurrences that credit professionals deal with that can affect productivity, success, and failures.
- Learn the difference between Credit Agreements and Credit Applications and why Credit Applications are becoming obsolete.
- Learn the importance of knowing your customer’s correct legal name.
- Learn about the pitfalls of personal and corporate guaranties and how to make them effective.
- Learn when the customer’s purchase order terms is a valid reason for the customer to pay beyond your terms of sale and how to avoid it.
- Learn how and the importance of being a secured creditor and easy it is to become one.
- Learn about the Unclaimed Property Act and its requirements.