News and Events
SUBCHAPTER V OF CHAPTER 11: WHAT CREDITORS NEED TO KNOW
Presenter: Samuel Wisotzkey, an attorney with Kohner, Mann & Kailas, S.C.
Subchapter V of Chapter 11 provides specific rules for the reorganization of Small Businesses that differ in many important ways from the usual Chapter 11 reorganization. The timelines to propose and confirm a plan of reorganization are substantially shortened, so creditors must be aware of these new rules to promptly and adequately protect their rights when a customer or vendor files a case under Subchapter V. This webinar will address several important issues surrounding Subchapter V, including:
- What eligibility requirements, including debt limits, apply for a Debtor to qualify as a Small Business under Subchapter V?
- What is the role of the Subchapter V trustee, and how should a Creditor interact with the Trustee?
- Can a Small Business Debtor pay administrative claims over time, unlike in a regular Chapter 11 case?
- What key provisions should a Creditor look for in the Model Subchapter V Plan?
- What Chapter 11 rules haven’t changed in a Subchapter V case that a Creditor needs to keep in mind?