Industry Credit Groups
The Association administers Industry Trade Credit Groups which offer specialized credit information, payment experience exchanges, education and industry trend information tailored to meet the needs of specific industries and members. The ultimate goal of credit group membership is to share credit, payment, collection and other pertinent information which will assist the credit professional in establishing her or his company’s parameters for their customers.
Why Join an Industry Credit Group?
Credit Groups have proven to be an effective credit management tool. These groups benefit the credit professional and their company by providing:
- Access to current credit information from your industry.
- An opportunity to exchange payment experience on mutual customers in your industry and obtain information not available from any other source.
- A means of verifying information, reports and other credit facts which the credit professional may use to make her/his own credit decision.
- A resource to identify and monitor high risk customers.
- Accurate and timely credit reports at a cost lower than those of credit reporting agencies.
- Specialized credit and collection education.
- Opportunities to discuss collection techniques, non traditional sources of credit information, deduction management, credit specific software and credit process benchmarking.
- Personal interaction with your industry peers, allowing you to establish valuable contacts within your industry.
- A fresh perspective of your credit and collection responsibilities.
Industry Credit Groups Offered
|Group Name||Group Focus||Meeting Location|
|Building & Construction||Wisconsin||Milwaukee|
|Construction Industry Suppliers||No. Wisconsin|
|Upper Michigan Fox Valley|
|Electrical Product Suppliers|| So. Wisconsin|
|Fine Paper/Graphic Arts||Wisconsin||Teleconference|
|Food Service Supply Hospitality||SE Wisconsin|
|Food Suppliers||No./W Wisconsin/Illinois/Iowa||Madison|
|Illinois Fine Paper||Illinois||Chicago|
|International Credit Executives||International||Wisconsin|
|Iowa Plumbing Heating Electrical & Construction Industry Credit Group||Iowa||Iowa|
|Metals & Industrial Suppliers||Wisconsin|
|Minnesota Electrical Product Suppliers||Minnesota|
|Minnesota Fine Paper Industry Credit Group||Minnesota/South Dakota/North Dakota||Teleconference|
|Plumbing & Heating Suppliers||Wisconsin||Milwaukee|
|Regional Paper & Packaging Industry Credit Group||Ohio, Michigan, Indiana, Tennessee, Missouri and Kentucky||Teleconference|
|Western WI Electrical Product Suppliers||Central Wisconsin||Madison|
Good credit decisions are based on timely, meaningful, and accurate credit information-information not always available from standard reporting sources. The industry contacts that are made as a result of group membership will assist you and your company in your credit decisions and collection efforts.
The Association administers multiple specialized industry and educational based credit groups serving member companies with local, regional, national, and international market areas.
Services vary for each group but may include:
- Trade Credit Reports
- Flash Reports
- Hotline Services
- Educational Programs
The Group’s Officers, elected from the group membership, plan the group meetings and activities and directs The Association, as administrator, to coordinate group services and activities.
Group meetings are held monthly, quarterly or as designated by the group members. Meeting locations are at local restaurants convenient to members or at locations throughout the U.S.
Meeting formats vary based on members’ requirements but may include:
- Account review and discussion
- Round table discussion
- Guest speakers
- Industry trending information
- Educational programs
- Breakfast, lunch, or dinner
All meetings are professionally administered by The Business Credit Management Association Wisconsin HQ to ensure compliance with all local, state, and federal laws.
Are you having problems obtaining enough credit information in order to establish a viable credit line? Have you been surprised by a customer going out of business or filing for bankruptcy? Did a recent credit check indicate that your customer’s other suppliers are being paid sooner than you are?
It may be the time to see what The Association Industry Trade Credit Groups have to offer.
For more information about the
Industry Trade Credit Groups
or if you would like to join us at
one of our next meetings, please contact us.